I recently read an article by Design Shack called “How to Cut the Crap and Actually Be Productive as a Creative Person.”
The title hooked me in, and lately I’ve been looking for ways to increase productivity anyway. They mention a few great ways to be more productive and creative. One technique the article mentions is called the Pomodoro Technique, which I’m going to give a try this week.
Here’s how it works:
- Choose a task to be accomplished
- Set the Pomodoro to 25 minutes (the Pomodoro is the timer)
- Work on the task until the Pomodoro rings, then put a check on your sheet of paper
- Take a short break (5 minutes is OK)
- Every 4 Pomodoros take a longer break
Sounds simple enough. I think its important to not get stuck on one task for too long. It might be hard to get used to this at first, but I think this technique could really help.
“Doing nothing is better than being busy doing nothing.” -Lao Tzu